Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Green Smoothies

Hey everyone,
I know I have been on my soapbox a lot about drinking daily green smoothies ever since Vivian turned us all onto the book, "Green Smoothie Revolution". I started having one every morning for breakfast a few months ago and can't believe how strong my immune system feels. Even when so many peeps were coming down with bronchitis and colds this summer I managed to push through without even a sinus infection, which is something I've struggled with forever. So here is a basic green smoothie recipe if you are interested in trying a little bit of raw in your regular diet. Having one first thing in the morning sets you up for a whole day of healthy eating. Rawsome!


Green Smoothie
1 Medium Banana
1 Apple or Pear, peeled and cored
2 Cups of Greens- spinach and/or Kale are my 2 favorites
1/2 Cup water (add more to thin out)

Blend all ingredients for at least 1 minute or so until all ingredients smooth into one consistent green color. Pour over ice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment