Thursday, August 4, 2011

Raw Quinoa Salad Recipe - Day 4

Day 4 is going pretty well. I started my day off with a new kind of green smoothie made with daldelion greens. They are kind of bitter so instead of water I used coconut water and added a whole banana and apple. I have to admit, it looked a little bit scarey. But it tasted delicious! I have some bloating today,which is the whole reason I started this. But I'm definitely releasing some toxins, if you know what I mean? Several times today, actually! I'm hoping after a couple more days a lot of that will be out of my system. I'm watching some raw food sites and reading what other explorers are encountering so I don't make the same mistakes. I got this recipe from Michael Mccarthy on Facebook. I have my quinoa soaking and will finish it tomorrow or Saturday depending on when the quinoa decides to sproat it's wings. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm definitely craving some protein!

Quinoa Tabouli

By Elaina Love
Serves 6
 

Quinoa TabouliIngredients:

4 cups sprouted quinoa (about 2 cups before sprouting)
4 green onions, thinly sliced
20 mint leaves, minced
1 large tomato, seeded and finely diced
¾ cucumber, peeled in strips, seeded and finely diced
¼ cup parsley, minced
4 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 to 5 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
1 to 2 tablespoons tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos or 1-2 teaspoons Celtic sea salt to taste
½ teaspoon fennel seed, soaked 1 hr., if desired
 

Directions:

Mix everything together in a large bowl. Let sit 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld before serving.
 

Note:

To sprout the quinoa, soak for 4-8 hours. Drain water and rinse. Sprout in a jar for another 18 hrs. or more, rinsing the quinoa every 8 hrs. To test whether the sprouts are ready, chew one. It should be firm, yet soft – and not too crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment